Namibia is located on the southwest coast of Africa, just north of South Africa.
Here are some facts about Namibia from BBC News:
- Full name: The Republic of Namibia
- Population: 2.3 million (UN, 2011)
- Capital: Windhoek
- Area: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
- Major languages: English (official), Afrikaans, German, Oshivambo, Herero, Nama
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 62 years (men), 63 years (women) (UN)
- Monetary unit: 1 Namibian dollar = 100 cents (currently $1 USD = 9.61 Naimbian Dollars
Milking the Rhino – Documents two conservation areas: one in Namibia and one in Kenya.
National Geographic photographers document the amazing landscapes, animals and plants of Namibia.
Incredible stargazing video taken on a farm in Namibia.